The sitz bath (or hip bath) originated in Europe in which only the hips and buttocks are soaked in water or saline solution. Sitz means ‘to sit’ and comes from the German verb ‘sitzen’.
Natural Treatment for a Variety of Conditions
If you suffer from discomfort from hemorrhoids, anal fissures, irritable bowel syndrome, bladder or vaginal infections, constipation or have recently given birth, a Sitz bath may offer you a natural way of treating your discomfort while promoting healing.
What is a Sitz Bath?
A Sitz bath is a bathtub that is shaped like a chair where one bathes only their hips and buttocks. A Sitz bath may be a permanent fixture or you can purchase plastic Sitz baths that fit over your toilet.
Then depending on your need the tub is filled with either hot or cold water to which baking soda, salts, or vinegar may be added.
A Sitz bath is a type of water therapy used to relieve relieve bleeding hemorrhoids, pain, itching and muscle spasms. It is also used to increase blood flow to the buttocks and surrounding areas and promote healing as well as a way to relax sore muscles in the hip and buttocks area.
What are Sitz Baths used for?
Sitz baths are used as a natural treatment for a number of conditions. These conditions may include:
- Treatment for Hemorrhoids; sitting in warm water helps to improve blood flow to affected area promoting faster healing. In addition, soaking for 10 to 20 minutes may help to reduce swelling and discomfort that hemorrhoids can cause especially after passing a stool. It also helps to relieve the itching that hemorrhoids and constipation cause.
- Discomfort of Childbirth; anyone who has ever given birth can tell you that the discomfort following such an event can leave you feeling incredibly sore and achy. Many women find that sitting in warm water helps to relieve some of the soreness and promotes healing.
- Vaginal and Bladder Infections; while most infections require antibiotics to get rid of the infection, antibiotics don’t work overnight and while you wait for the antibiotics to rid your body of the infection itself, you may find that the itching from this type of infection is driving you mad. Sitting in warm water with some baking soda added can help to relieve the itching making you more comfortable while the antibiotic is taking effect. In addition, for women who suffer from yeast infections sitting in a warm bath with vinegar added can actually be an effective treatment for the yeast infection itself.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome; many people with irritable bowel syndrome have cycles where they have loose stools followed by hard stools that are difficult to pass, and leaves their rectum feeling terribly sore. Soaking their buttocks in a warm bath can relieve some of that soreness, and even help to relax the anal Sphincter making it easier to pass those stools.
- Constipation in Children and Adults; constipation can be uncomfortable for both children and adults and children who suffer from occasional constipation may actually avoid trying to move their bowels due to the pain and discomfort. Submerging their buttocks and hips in warm water helps to relieve some of the pain and relax the anal sphincter making it easier to pass stools thus encouraging healthy bowel habits. Adults too find the warm water relaxing and an aid in relieving the discomfort caused by constipation.
Purchasing and Using a Sitz Bath
Sitz baths that fit over your toilet can be purchased at most stores that has a pharmacy, or at a drug store, or online for instance Amazon.
You can use water by itself or you can add agents such as lavender. A simple trick is to add vinegar, baking soda, or salt to the water which will work to clean the affected area and relieve pain.
Add about 5 inches of warm (or cold) water to the bath tub. Warm sitz baths are best for cleansing and cool sitz baths ease swelling. Sit in the bath tub, or try squatting if too painful, with your hips fully immersed.
Stay soaking for 15-20 minutes. Do not use soap in the water as this can aggravate any anal infections or irritation. After bathing gentle dry off with a fresh soft towel.
Whilst you may struggle with ‘sitz bathing’ in deriving quick results to cure your hemorrhoid problem, there are a couple of online places where you can get 100% natural hemorrhoid cure systems that have PROVEN SUCCESS fast, and reasonable priced.
Here are the 2 sites that stood out most:
IMPORTANT NOTE: I have personally used each these products and rate them the best products available online. Both websites don’t only specialize in hemorrhoids treatment, they pretty much cover everything needed to eradicated pain and humiliation fast.
Find Out More…
The information I’ve provided on this page will definitely save you a few hours but it won’t get your hemorrhoids cured, unless action is taken.
What I recommend you do now is to go and check out Hemorrhoid Miracle to find out more, how much it costs, and exactly what it includes!
.Cure Hemorrhoids in 48 Hours
– end silent suffering and avoid irreversible consequences naturally!