Hemorrhoids are a very common ailment in today’s world of junk food, stress and lifestyle. About half of adults by the age of 50 have had problems with discomfort, itching and bleeding which can indicate the possibility of hemorrhoids being present.
Thankfully, there are many effective natural treatment and medical options available for hemorrhoids. Most sufferers can ease and get relief from symptoms simply by using home remedies and lifestyle changes.
What They Are
If suffering from hemorrhoids, you will probably want to understand “what are hemorrhoids” and what can be done in the way of hemorrhoids treatment.
Everyone has veins in their anus and lower rectum, but the problem arises when they become swollen and inflamed. This can result from the increased pressure on these veins or from straining during bowel movements, outlined by the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
They can either or both be located inside your rectum (internal hemorrhoids), or they can develop around your anus (external hemorrhoids).
How to Prevent Them
- Prevention Tip #1: Drink plenty of fluids; take 6-8 glasses of water and liquids (no alcohol) every day which softens your stools.
- Prevention Tip #2: Consume high-fiber foods; take more whole grains, vegetables and fruits, which soften and increases stools bulk, so avoiding you having to strain with constipation.
- Prevention Tip #3: Try fiber supplements; to ensure you get the recommended 20 to 35 grams of fiber in your daily diet, studies show that they improve bleeding symptoms and help to keep your stools soft and regular.
- Prevention Tip #4: Have regular bowel movements; go with the urge and don’t wait to pass your stool, as this can make them dry and harder to pass.
- Prevention Tip #5: Avoid straining; holding your breath and forcing when you try passing a stool creates more pressure in the anus veins in your lower rectum.
- Prevention Tip #6: Don’t stand or sit long periods; as this can increase the pressure on the veins in your anus, and by exercising regularly, this will help immensely.
By eating a healthy diet and staying active will help prevent constipation and so reduce the pressure on veins, and also help you lose any excess weight which can all contribute to your hemorrhoids problem.
Treatment Remedies Steps
However, sometimes it’s necessary for medication or surgical intervention procedures especially when other treatment forms are having little effect, so your doctor may recommend the following:
- Medication: when you only have mild discomfort; they can temporarily relieve pain and itching with over-the-counter creams, ointments, suppositories or pads.
- Invasive Procedures: when you have external, and or excessive pain bleeding; they remove the clot with a simple incision, rubber band ligation, injection (sclerotherapy), or coagulation (infrared, laser or bipolar) all of which can be performed in your doctor’s office or outpatients.
- Surgical procedures: when you have large hemorrhoids with little success from other treatments; they can be performed for hemorrhoid removal or stapling.
If you notice any changes in your circumstances at any time when suffering with hemorrhoids consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Cure Hemorrhoids in 48 Hours
– end silent suffering and avoid irreversible consequences naturally!